When you receive a package with a “surprise ingredient” as a part of Arusuvai here are the basic rules you need to follow:
- Prepare something tasty with it and post recipe with a picture if you are a blogger with the logo, a link to person who passed it to you and to this post if you like for reference.
- If you don’t blog, do share the recipe with the friend who gave it to you or post it as a guest post on someone you know who blogs.
- Pass on a “surprise ingredient” to two or more friends, one of whom must preferably blog. We all want to have some fun together right?
All people in
The Arusuvai network has already forged many friendships. This network was initiated by Srivalli, Bharathy and Lathamma. This network is on its second season and hosted by a very friendly and warm person SAYANTANI. Its a pleasure interacting with her. Thank you for linking us up.
I made two items from Poppy seeds one is Spicy Potato curry and one is sweet Poppy seeds Seero.
Spicy and yummy Potato carrot curry with Poppy Seeds....
Potato Curry – Potato with Poppy seeds (Khas-Khas)
1 big size carrot
3 tbsp Khas-Khas (Poppy seeds)
3 fresh green chillies
3 tbsp oil
Salt and lemon to taste
Step 1: Sock the Poppy seeds (Khas-Khas) in a little water for an hour.
Step 15: Turn off the flame after stirring for 5 minutes when nice aroma of poppy seeds with fry potatoes fills your kitchen.
1. Poppy seeds are rich in linoleic acid (an important omega-6 fatty acid), which protects the heart against heart attacks.
2. Poppy seed oil is also rich in oleic acid, which is believed to help prevent breast cancer.
3. It contains 45 to 50% of unsaturated essential fatty acids, which make it a good source of nutrition and health food.
4. Consuming half teaspoon of poppy seeds everyday is a home-remedy for the symptoms of asthma and whooping cough.
5. A paste made from the seeds can be used to get relief from swellings and joint pains.
6. Finely ground powder made from poppy seeds can also be consumed to treat insomnia and diarrhea.
7. It gives essential enzymes and fatty acids to body as a form of nutrition.
8. The oil derived from poppy seeds is used in various cosmetic like for the head and skin as balms and conditioners. Many pharmaceutical companies use poppy seed oil in the manufacture of various drugs and medications.
So now I will teach you how to make a quick recipe with poppy seeds using potatoes.
Next post for Poppy seeds Halwa…that is Khas-Khas sero...