There were two Santa's Villages in California - today they are both closed. One was near Los Angeles, at Skyforest, CA near Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernadino Mountains. Another Santa's Village was near San Francisco, at 6348 Los Gatos Highway, Santa Cruz, CA.
Photo copy from Net.
Carrot, Beets and Gooseberries Juice/Healthy Drink
3 medium size carrots
1\2 medium size beet
2 tbsp natural honey
5-6 black Pepper
Salt to taste
Step1: Peel and cut the beet and carrrots. Cut the gooseberries into small pieces.
Step 2: Mix all this ingredients in to big mixer jar.
Step 3: Add honey, salt and black pepper in it.
Step 4: After that add glass water and grind for one minute so that all ingredients crush very well.
Step 5: When all material crush very well then add more 2 small glass water in top of the jar.
Step 6: Drain juice into another bowl with big hole drainer so that some of crush fiber of carrot and gooseberries also drain with it.
Step 7: Shake very well and pour into serving glass. If you are like than also add ice pieces.
Step 8: Drink it within 15 minutes is good for health if you put into freeze than its original taste is change after 1 hour.
Benefits of Beets:
1. A source of folate, fiber and potassium.
2. The greens are a rich source of potassium, calcium, iron, beta carotene, and vitamin C.
Low in calories.
3. Rich in phytochemicals such as anthocyanins and saponins, which may bind cholesterol in the digestive tract, lowering the risk for heart disease.
4. According to folklore, beets were belived to posses curative powers for headaches and other painful conditions. Even today some naturalist practitioners recommend beets to prevent cancer and bolster immunity; they also suggest using the juice of raw beets to speed convalescence. Although beets are reasonably nutritious food source, there is no scientific proof that they confer any special medicinal benefits.
5. A half-cup serving of cooked beets provides 45 micrograms of folate, about 11 percent of the adult Recommended Dietary Allowance. The tops, if eaten while young and green are more nutritious: 1-cup has 35 mg of vitamin C, almost 46 percent of what is advised for adult women; 720 RE of vitamin A; and 160 mg of calcium, 2.5 mg of iron and 1300 mg of potassium.
Drawbacks of Beet:
1. Turn urine and stools red, a harmless condition that nonetheless alarms people who mistake it for blood.
2. If prone to kidney stones or gout, avoid beet greens as they are high in oxalates. Oxalates can form small crystals and contribute to the development of kidney stones.
Benefits of Carrots:
1. An excellent source of beta carotene, the precursor of vitamin A.
2. A good source of dietary fiber and potassium.
3. Help prevent night blindness.
4. May help lower blood cholesterol levels and protect against cancer. A U.S. government study found that volunteers who ate about one cup of carrots a day had an average 11 percent reduction in their blood cholesterol levels after only 3 weeks. Lowered cholesterol levels in turn, decrease the risk of heart disease.
5. One cup of cooked carrots has 70 calories, 4 g of fiber and about 18 mg of beta carotene. This provides more than 100 percent of the recommended Dietary Allowance of vitamin A. Nutrients essential for healthy hair, skin, eyes bones, and mucous membranes. Vitamin A also helps prevents infections.
Drawback of Carrot:
1. Excessive intake can give skin a yellowish tinge.
Benefits and drawback of Gooseberries is check here:
1. They are high in fiber (about 4g in a cup of raw berries), Vitamin C (50 mg per fresh cup) and potassium (250 mg per cup). They are also rich in bioflavonoid- plant pigments that help prevent cancer and other diseases.
A event called” Food during Pregnancy Event” has been lunched by Easy Crafts of "An easy cooking blog" this month. The theme is related to all pregnant ladies.
My contribution to this event is healthy drink of carrot, beet and gooseberries and lots of information about it.
1. At no other time in a woman’s life is good nutrition more essential than during pregnancy. While the need for calories increases only about 15 percent, the requirements for some nutrients more than doubles and a woman needs to plan her diet carefully.
Consume Plenty Of :
1. Lean meat, poultry, fish, dried beans, lentils and eggs for protein and iron.
2. Milk and dairy products, canned sardines and salmon (with bones included) and other high-calcium foods.
3. Citrus fruits, dark green vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and fortified cereals for folate.
1. High-fat foods.
2. Sugary desserts and candy.
3. Coffee and other caffeinated drinks.
1. Alcohol use and smoking.
2. All drugs unless prescribed by a doctor.
From:Foods Harm Foods Heal Book, Reader's Digest